Saturday, August 1, 2009

Inspired....

Wow ~ pretty much sums up how I feel right now! It's August 1st ~ just can't believe it... Summers nearly over & it's time to start the back to school shopping... Yes, I know I've not been the best blogger ~ but frankly, I haven't had anything to blog about... my oldest daughter decided she {loves} Twilight & being the good mother that I am ~ I was forced to read the books before I let her at 'em. Took me about a week to go thru the series... they were pretty good ~ kinda pradictable, but since they are aimed at the teen (tween) set, that's to be expected. As a reward for being so brave at the dentist, the girls were allowed to pick a prize... can you guess what the oldest wanted? ~ well, if you guessed the Twilight movie ~ you're absolutely correct! And she's been driving her little sister crazy ~ wanting to watch it every day this week... I just have to *giggle* ~ I remember (ok this will age me but) my first Shaun Cassidy record ~ OMG ~ I listened to it while daydreaming every day for I don't remember how long... OK, OK, OK... so I'm not concerned about her little Edward crush... Yep, she's Team Edward... I've learned quite abit in just a short time... and she's really looking forward to the New Moon movie in Nov....

Now, while I was feverishly finishing up my reading ~ I did nothing card wise... but as my youngest announced that she was indeed leaving home if she had to suffer thru watching Twilight one more time... I decided it was time to enlist her help as my personal crafting assistant. So, with really no idea of what to do ~ I headed to SCS & brought up my Favs from the gallery & had her pick out a few for us to CASE. And here are what we came up with...


Embrace Each Moment: is inspired by the wonderfully talented Unity DT member Jimmi (jpmayo on SCS) her cards are unbelievable! I'll try to link her card here (hope it works). My assistant picked out the colors that we used ~ from a packet of Memento Dew Drops. She also picked the yummy Papertrey Ink ribbon & the Stampin Up paper. Stamps from Unity ~ Bevy of Butterflies.







Friend to Friend: is inspired by the uber-talented Paula (mrslaird on SCS). Her card is just so beautiful that it caught our eyes immediately! I didn't have the same colors that she used ~ and again
my sweet little assistant picked the colors we used ~ she used the SU color coach ~ I'm so proud!!! We used Taken with Teal & Tempting Turquoise cardstock & Taken with Teal Classic ink. My little assitant even ran the Cuttlebug to make the Swiss Dot background paper. I changed the card a bit by making panels instead of the layers ~ I'm just not a layering type of gal... And we cut the sentiment out using Label 4 Nestibilities. Also, used were Stickles for the faux rhinestones and an unknown ribbon. The stamps used were from Unity ~ Bevy of Butterflies & June KOM (sentiment)

Remember the Moments: And finally, here is another CASEd card based on the awesomely talented Ashley (HeartHugsDesigns on SCS) ~ she is such a sweetheart! My assistant and I were scoping out some of the Unity cards on SCS when this card caught my daughters eye ~ so much so she insisted we make one just like it!!! I gave her a stack of Basic Grey 6x6 papers & she picked out June Bug, and with the help of the SU Color Coach ~ she picked SU Summer Sun & Night of Navy cs & Night of Navy ink. I had to alter the design just a smedge ~ as I don't make square cards ~ call it a character flaw... Oh, I got to use Sahara Sand as the base ~ it's got to be one of my favorites, don't know why?!?! And yep, we used Smooch Gold Lame on some of the owl's feathers & CTMH Liquid Glass on the eyes. Stamps by Unity ~ June KOM.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Ashley Newell said...

I love these cards, esp the one inspired by me. Teehee, what can I say? I'm flattered! I love the colors your assistant picked, really chic! All the cards are beautiful! It's good to see you crafting!