Tuesday, September 1, 2009

A Week Late... TTIC44

So when I read the Twilight Tuesday Inspiration Challenge # 44 on Twilighttuesday.com (Craft Challenge: Make any project that celebrates your favorite book! It can be a project about a book, for a book, inspired by a book title or cover. ) last week ~ I knew exactly what book I would use for my inspiration ~ a classic from my childhood that I must have read a thousand times ~ Anne of Green Gables ~ I always dreamed of going to Prince Edward Island & basking in the beauty of the countryside that Anne so dearly loved... I immediately thought the Boards & Beams house by PaperTrey Ink would be an absolute perfect Green Gables & the older SU In-Color (sorry don't know the name) reminded me of Anne's dreaded hair (at least she dreaded it when she was young...). I think this would also be a lovely little cottage for the newlyweds (Bella & Edward & of course baby Nessie).

As for the Comment part (Comment Challenge: Which novel would you put in Bella’s hands (classic or contemporary) for her to read? Did Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse or Breaking Dawn inspire you to read (or re-read) any of the classics? Do you compare Edward and Bella to that of Wuthering Heights Heathcliff and Cathy? ) ~ I'm really not too sure what book I'd put in Bella's hand ~ there are just too many great books out there which of course, she has plenty of time to read...As for Wuthering Heights... um, I might go back & re-read that one as it's been more than 20 years since the last time... & my memory fails me at the moment....
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jacqueline said...

Oh Monika this is wonderful!! I LOVED anne of green gables, I would imagine myself there. I LOVE the house for this card, it is perfect! Great job sweetie and thanks for playing along!