Sunday, September 6, 2009

EtsyInspired Challenge#52

EtsyInspired has reached it's 1st Birthday & I'm glad I am able to play along. The challenge this week is to go to Etsy & find anything that inspires you ~ I thought I'd like to do something with butterflies ~ so I did a search ~ and my what wonderful items came up ~but one thing really popped out to me & I went to check out the rest of the artist's creations & found an absolutely awesome inspiration ~ Comfortably Numb by thelittlefox.  When I showed my oldest dd some of thelittlefox's gallery ~ she really liked it (I'm thinking I might need one item for a Christmas present ~shhh!) OK ~ back to the card ~ I wanted to keep it simple (to send to the WishRAK Labor Day Cards for the Troops Challenge) yet nice enough to make someone happy to receive it... I at once thought of the Unity set ~ Sweet zzz's & the Everyday Adorable (for the key & sentiment) ~ I kept with the overall color scheme ~ greys & red. I used the Spica pens to add a touch of bling (I covered it with Liquid Glass ~ cause the Spica's rub off terribly & I don't want to run the risk getting some soldier all sparkly) The photo doesn't show the sparkle but it is still there. I didn't think the little key stuck out enough when I stamped it with VersaMark ~ so I used my SU grey chalk to give them just a hint of definition.  Oh ~ & the ribbon was only added to cover up a little red smudge ~ I'm such a messy stamper... LOL... but I think it ties back to the inspiration piece nicely (as there is red ribbon tied around the key).

On a personal note ~ I picked a copy of Dead Until Dark (A Sookie Stackhouse novel) at B&N today ~ heard quite a few people recommend them ~ so we'll see...

Deets: Stamps: Unity ~ Sweet zzz's, Everyday Adorable
Cardstock: GP; SU ~ Sahara Sand; Unknown red
Ink: VersaMark; VersaFine ~ black; Memento ~ Rhubarb Stalk
Misc: Nestibilities; Spica; CTMH~ Liquid Glass; SU ~ Chalk; Sakura Glaze pen; Zig pen; Ribbon


Thanks for dropping by & I'd love to hear any comments!




Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

StampinCathy said...

This is so pretty. I just love this color combo too.

Teresa Kline said...

wow, this is adorable..great colors and I luv the image....I see you are from VA, me too...I really luv meeting people from VA, who blog, and create....it is so cool...I am about 2 hours west of Richmond....have a wonderful day and if you get time stop by my blog and visit!

enjoy *~*

de said...

Monika this is amazing! I love it! Thanks for playing along this week with EtsyInpspired!

Mandy said...

Monika, this is SO cute! I just love it! :)